- There are many preschools/daycares throughout the province, however, few take children under 18 months of age, which is six months after benefits cease.
- Parents should be encouraged to visit preschools as early as possible, even prenatally, as spaces are limited. They should put their names on a number of lists, just to be safe.
- Many private care providers are available – word of mouth is the best way to find a care provider.
- Often parents find it challenging to find any type of childcare, so it is a particular problem for parents who have a certain type of care in mind.
- Child care is typically available from 7:30 am-5:30 pm, which may not meet the needs of all employees.
View the list of Government of Nova Scotia licensed childcare facilities throughout the province.